100% Remote Full-Time Position
The Support Team is the heart of the Pressidium organization. Our support team focuses on going the extra mile to make sure our clients are happy, they help with all types of issues ranging from servers down to WordPress recommendations and advanced troubleshooting.
As a Junior DevOps Support Engineer, you’ll be responsible for creating an exceptional experience for our customers. The right candidate will have experience in administering & supporting a full-stack WordPress setup (Caching, Application, Database), will be well familiar with the general concepts of systems administration, web hosting, and web development, and will have previously configured and managed multiple WordPress installations. You will be exposed to Systems Architecture Engineering & Design functions within the product and platform design team. Design and development opportunities and responsibilities will grow based on experience and skills gained.
- Member of the 24×7 Support Ops Team, monitoring the Helpdesk & responding to customer support requests (tickets)
- Debugging WordPress performance issues by using log files and monitoring tools
- Collaborating with clients (or the client’s development team) to understand the problem and find the best solution
- Systems Operations – Administration, and 24×7 Oncall Functions including monitoring Systems Health & Performance Monitoring tools, receiving alerts and responding to system incidents (emergency response, troubleshooting, corrective actions)
- Experience in setting up and administering WordPress, WP Plugins and themes
- Full understanding of web technologies including TCP/IP Network Protocols & Layers, HTTP, HTTPS/SSL, SMTP, and DNS
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English with an ability to summarize and translate between business and technical contexts
- Experience in Linux Systems Administration via the command line interface/shell
- Experience in configuring and administering Apache or NGINX webservers
- Experience in MySQL database administration
- Experience in shell scripting in bash or other shell scripting languages
Bonus Skills (any may apply and will be considered a plus)
- WordPress Site Migrations
- WordPress Diagnostics
- Authoring a WP theme or plugin, contributed to the core, and/or PHP, HTML & CSS development skills
- Worked on other Open Source projects
- Experience with Server Clustering, Web Tier Topology – High Availability Architecture, and Distributed Systems (including cloud computing, IaaS & virtualization)
- Familiar with Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Familiar with security concepts and firewalls including iptables
- Familiar with Reverse Proxy, HTTP Caching & Load balancing technologies (Varnish, HA-Proxy, NGINX, Squid, etc)
- Experience in working remotely / remote teams
- A reliable internet connection, computer + video camera for group meetings
- 40WPM+ typing fluency in English
- A desire to help people, and a strong sense of empathy for their needs
- A strong work ethic and a desire to improve daily
- Optimism, curiosity, and the ability to work as part of a team!
- A high degree of perception and communication skills (for effective team communication in a remote environment, and with customers via helpdesk tickets)
- A love for Open Source
Does this Sound Cool or what?
If it does, let’s get in touch!
Send in your CV and let us know why you believe this is the ideal position for you! Remember we want to know all about you and why you’re excited to join our team at Pressidium®, so please don’t be shy. Include any links about yourself, social profiles, projects and anything else that will allow us to get to know you more.
Take your business to the next level.
Starting at $790 per month.
Thank you for
A member of our Sales Engineering Team will get in touch with you shortly to discuss your needs.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our blog and get awesome WordPress content straight to your inbox.
We need your consent in order to subscribe you to our newsletter.
Don’t worry we won’t spam your inbox
1. Copy the Coupon Code
Copy this code to your clipboard. After selecting a plan, paste it on the “Coupon Code” field on the sign up page.
2. Choose your annual plan
The offer is valid for annual plans for the first year, after which our standard 2 month discount will be applied.